Minutes from last meeting: Read and passed, available upon request.
Matters arising: None brought up.
Report from the chair:
- A difficult year, not managed to do some things and meet up in person but managed to do things still, such as the digital Conversation Cafe.
- Kept tree planting going, three events with the Environmental Agency.
- Continued to respond to many local campaigns, and contact with local campaigners. Letter writing.
- Starting to use the COWC office again.
- Development worker role came into fruition, with thanks to Fiona and Adrienne for the help with the process.
- Freestall came to the Food and Wellbeing fair, with thanks to Paul C for help with setting up, and at the normal farmer’s market, with thanks to Al for help with setting up.
- Conversation Cafe was part of the Cumbria Unity Festival with a climate science talk.
- COP 26 informational leaflets created and now shared widely across the county.
- Seen an increase in the partnerships of Cumbrian Sustainability Network and Zero Carbon Cumbria Partnership (ZCCP).
- Training and talks have continued digitally.
- Starting to build new relationships, such as with the Arts and Culture Network.
- Great Big Green Week events will be happening in the lead up to COP 26 and for community action.
Report presentation from Development Worker:
(Including the following information…)
Introduction to role
Usual week to week duties
Case study: Plant and Wellbeing Fair
Case study: Schools Engagement Project
Case study: Big Green Book
Case study: Carlisle Great Big Green Week event(s)
Positive outcomes from the role so far
What lies ahead?
View the presentation report at the following link (click the file name to open in your browser)…
Question and comments:
- Time and capacity discussion around the Development Worker role.
- Expansion on the Great Big Green Week event, support level from the council going okay.
- Things have just been ticking over during lockdown(s).
- Donations came from regular subscribers still.
- Grant income from ZCCP to help with recruitment.
- Hadfield Trust funding for the schools engagement project.
- Regular running costs, now including wages but will be covered by ZCCP.
- This year looking much more positive than the previous.
- Capacity for donations was suppressed over the last year but again looking better for next year.
- Removing some costs such as the phone line in the office.
All accounts are approved and passed.
Approved and passed to submit these accounts unaudited.